- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or construction management
- Seven (7) years of airport facility maintenance or maintenance of a large, modern, complex facility; and seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid Mississippi Driver’s License.Must be able to pass and maintain background and security clearance.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this job. The below competencies include but are not limited to:
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Dependability and Reliability: Responsible and consistent in fulfilling obligations; diligently meets deadlines; and complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- Financial Management: Understands the processes by which financial resources are identified, obtained, allocated, managed and accounted for. Makes sound financial decisions after having analyzed their impact on the organization and operations within the scope of fiscal responsibilities. Monitors the use of organization financial resources and budgets by employees, suppliers, partners or others. Knows the internal and external factors that impact financial resource availability. Ensures compliance with legislation, policies and practices applicable to the appropriate and effective use of financial resources.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Preparing and Evaluating Budgets: Prepares budget justifications and proposals that reflect the needs of the office; studies all relevant budget materials and anticipate future needs by gathering data on forthcoming plans; and ensures that budget proposals incorporate all elements that are thorough and accurate and receives management acceptance with little or no questioning.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Project Management: Assures successful project completion by establishing a systematic course of action for self and other members of project team; the ability to monitor progress toward a goal and make adjustments accordingly.
- Staffing: Effectively engages in staff planning and helps to ensure the department is appropriately staffed to accomplish its goal; accurately and comprehensively identifies candidate skills needed to perform in vacant positions; and assesses candidate qualifications thoroughly and accurately.
- Strategic Thinking and Organization Vision: Develops a strategy to achieve organization goals and vision for the future of the department; understands organizational strengths and weaknesses and able to identify fundamental values and beliefs to guide the department into the future; analyzes market, competition including external threats and opportunities; and demonstrate commitment in the vision to inspire others.
- TQM/Re-Engineering: Is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This job may require some combination of lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally, bending, squatting, stooping, and crouching. Tasks involve sitting and operating a computer for extended periods of time.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
PLEASE NOTE: AFTER YOUR APPLICATION IS COMPLETE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN IMPORTANT EMAIL FROM US. PLEASE CHECK YOUR INBOX AND YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER, AND IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR EMAIL, PLEASE NOTIFY firstname.lastname@example.org